Bindery Operator/Delivery Driver Production / Villa Park, IL
Bindery Operator/Delivery Driver
Perform and complete all finishing
requirements for press and copier projects according to the job specifications.
Prepare according to the workload schedule that is timely and efficient.
Maintain all bindery equipment according to scheduled maintenance recommendations. Responsible for pickup and delivery of projects, orders and materials from vendors and customers, in a timely and safe manner. Represents the company as the main interface with customers and must provide a competent and personable image.
- Perform bindery function as noted
on work order/job tickets. This may include: folding, cutting, padding,
numbering, GBC punching, spiral or coil binding, fastback, collating, scoring,
perforating, drilling, stitching or stapling, laminating and wrapping.
- Establish priorities by dates on
work order/job tickets and when necessary, priorities set by management.
- Package jobs, complete job
tickets/work orders and delivery receipts as necessary and place in designated areas.
- Arrange for delivery or shipping
of items as needed using shipper designated on work order/job ticket.
- Pull control file copy of work
order/job ticket for delivered jobs daily and process remaining documents.
- Keep equipment clean, lubricated
and operable. Call for service when necessary, upon approval of management.
- Order supplies required using
- Coordinate with the production team to schedule daily deliveries and pick-ups.
- Drive vehicle to and from destinations, adhering to all traffic laws.
- Load and unload delivery goods.
- Maintain vehicle in good working condition, clean and fueled readiness condition.
- Inform supervisor of any vehicle problems.
- Reject poor quality or incorrect
jobs and notify management.
- Work with other staff members to
exceed customer satisfaction and service expectations.
- Comply with all OSHA
- Follow systems and procedures
outlined in the company manuals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of six months in
production type workplace.
- Background in printing operation
- Good mathematical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Familiar with surrounding area and be able to read a map/guide.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a good motor vehicle record.
- Must be hard working and self-motivated.
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills.
Frequent lifting of as
much as 50 pounds. Standing for as long as an entire shift. Loud noise
sporadically. Subject to frequent priority changes where a fast-pace and short
notice occur regularly.
250 E Saint Charles Rd
Villa Park, IL 60181
How to Apply