3818 Far West Blvd. , Ste. 105
Austin, TX 78731Apply Now
Perform and complete all finishing requirements for press and copier projects according to the job specifications. Prepare according to the workload schedule that is timely and efficient. Maintain all bindery equipment according to scheduled maintenance recommendations.
- Perform bindery function as noted on work order/job tickets. This may include: folding, cutting, padding, numbering, GBC punching, spiral or coil binding, fastback, collating, scoring, perforating, drilling, stitching or stapling, laminating and wrapping.
- Establish priorities by dates on work order/job tickets and when necessary, priorities set by management.
- Package jobs, complete job tickets/work orders and delivery receipts as necessary and place in designated areas.
- Deliver jobs or prepare for courier or delivery service.
- Pick up supplies from vendors such as paper or binding supplies.
- Pull control file copy of work order/job ticket for delivered jobs daily and process remaining documents.
- Keep equipment clean, lubricated and operable. Call for service when necessary, upon approval of management.
- Order supplies required using proper procedures.
- Closing procedure includes: turn off air-conditioner/heating; turn off all equipment and lights in your area; ensure all jobs are placed in proper location before leaving.
- Reject poor quality or incorrect jobs and notify management.
- Work with other staff members to exceed customer satisfaction and service expectations.
- Comply with all OSHA requirements.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in the company manuals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of six months in production type workplace.
- Background in printing operation desirable.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Abiltiy to operate digital printing equipment a plus.
- Driver's license and good driving record.
Exposure to ink and chemical fumes, and airborne particles such as paper dust and drying powder. Frequent lifting of as much as 50 pounds. Standing for as long as an entire shift. Loud noise sporadically. Subject to frequent priority changes where a fast-pace and short notice occur regularly.
Austin, TX 78731