Bindery Operator & Delivery Production / Naperville, IL
Posted On: February 22, 2020
Perform and complete all finishing
requirements for press and copier projects according to the job specifications.
Prepare according to the workload schedule that is timely and efficient.
Maintain all bindery equipment according to scheduled maintenance recommendations.
- Perform bindery function as noted
on work order/job tickets. This may include: folding, cutting, padding,
numbering, GBC punching, spiral or coil binding, fastback, collating, scoring,
perforating, drilling, stitching or stapling, laminating and wrapping.
- Establish priorities by dates on
work order/job tickets and when necessary, priorities set by management.
- Package jobs, complete job
tickets/work orders and delivery receipts as necessary and place in designated areas.
- Arrange for delivery or shipping
of items as needed using shipper designated on work order/job ticket.
- Pull control file copy of work
order/job ticket for delivered jobs daily and process remaining documents.
- Keep equipment clean, lubricated
and operable. Call for service when necessary, upon approval of management.
- Order supplies required using
- Closing procedure includes: turn
off air-conditioner/heating; turn off all equipment and lights in your area;
ensure all jobs are placed in proper location before leaving.
- Deliver completed jobs locally.
- Reject poor quality or incorrect
jobs and notify management.
- Work with other staff members to
exceed customer satisfaction and service expectations.
- Comply with all OSHA
- Follow systems and procedures
outlined in the company manuals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of six months in
production type workplace.
- Background in printing operation
- Good mathematical skills.
- Must have a valid Drivers License.
Exposure to ink and chemical fumes, and
airborne particles such as paper dust and drying powder. Frequent lifting of as
much as 50 pounds. Standing for as long as an entire shift. Loud noise
sporadically. Subject to frequent priority changes where a fast-pace and short
notice occur regularly.
526 W 5th Avenue
Naperville, IL 60563
How to Apply