Marketing Specialist & Website Designer Graphic Design / Prescott, AZ
Posted On: February 28, 2021
- Produce prepress graphics and
text to job specifications/requirements.
- Executes design, layout and
typesetting projects accurately and effectively.
- Sends jobs to digital output
- Assists inside and outside sales
staff in promoting services to customers.
- Perform production requirements
in a timely and efficient manner according to the schedule of management.
- Offer graphic design ideas,
solutions and alternatives based on customer input.
- Schedule all work to meet
customer time frame requirements. Monitor deadlines and report conflicts to
management to establish priorities BEFORE the jobs are due.
- Operate and maintain prepress
computer, printer and other equipment (PC and Mac), scanner, and RIPs.
- Become proficient in the current
technology for creating graphics, documents and digital files utilizing
existing equipment and materials.
- Follow-up with customers on all
- Monitor system for digital files sent
by customers via online storefront catalogs and email.
- Preflight digital files for
- Perform regular computer back-up
and archive customer files for safekeeping and for easy retrieval. Purge
- Output digital files per job
- Follow systems and procedures
according to the company manuals.
- Provide necessary digital
training to sales staff when appropriate.
- Ensure all design work is
approved prior to going into production.
- Coordinate with copy and press
operators to ensure that work meets their expectations/ requirements.
- Reject poor quality or incorrect
jobs and notify management.
- Organize and maintain clean and
orderly work area.
- Monitor graphics supplies and
order as needed.
- Upon closing, turn off prepress
- Ensure all jobs are placed in
proper location before leaving.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Two years’ education in graphic
design, 1-year practical experience with 1 year of print production experience.
- Working understanding of dual
platform, applications, such as: PageMaker, Quark, Microsoft Word, Acrobat,
Microsoft Publisher, InDesign, Illustrator, PowerPoint, CorelDraw, and
- Knowledge of PDF and postscript
files and PDF plug-ins.
- General knowledge of utility
programs such as file compression, disk repair and print spoolers.
- Ability to prepare files for
output to film, plate, spot and 4-color process, receive and manipulate files
electronically and maintain operating system on production machine.
- Ability to send files to the
image setter, high speed digital copiers and color copiers.
- Proven ability in proofreading
Intensive computer work and extended use of
the computer keyboard and mouse. Sitting for long periods of time - as long as
8 hours at a stretch. Exposure to ink and chemical fumes, and airborne
particles, such as paper dust and drying powder. Noise can be loud
sporadically. Subject to frequent priority changes where a fast-pace and short
notice occur regularly.
1961 Commerce Center Circle
Prescott, AZ 86301
How to Apply