Prescott, AZApply Now
- Produce prepress graphics and text to job specifications/requirements.
- Executes design, layout and typesetting projects accurately and effectively.
- Sends jobs to digital output equipment.
- Assists inside and outside sales staff in promoting services to customers.
- Perform production requirements in a timely and efficient manner according to the schedule of management.
- Offer graphic design ideas, solutions and alternatives based on customer input.
- Schedule all work to meet customer time frame requirements. Monitor deadlines and report conflicts to management to establish priorities BEFORE the jobs are due.
- Operate and maintain prepress computer, printer and other equipment (PC and Mac), scanner, and RIPs.
- Become proficient in the current technology for creating graphics, documents and digital files utilizing existing equipment and materials.
- Follow-up with customers on all job proofs.
- Monitor system for digital files sent by customers via online storefront catalogs and email.
- Preflight digital files for potential problems.
- Perform regular computer back-up and archive customer files for safekeeping and for easy retrieval. Purge obsolete files.
- Output digital files per job specifications.
- Follow systems and procedures according to the company manuals.
- Provide necessary digital training to sales staff when appropriate.
- Ensure all design work is approved prior to going into production.
- Coordinate with copy and press operators to ensure that work meets their expectations/ requirements.
- Reject poor quality or incorrect jobs and notify management.
- Organize and maintain clean and orderly work area.
- Monitor graphics supplies and order as needed.
- Upon closing, turn off prepress equipment.
- Ensure all jobs are placed in proper location before leaving.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Two years’ education in graphic design, 1-year practical experience with 1 year of print production experience.
- Working understanding of dual platform, applications, such as: PageMaker, Quark, Microsoft Word, Acrobat, Microsoft Publisher, InDesign, Illustrator, PowerPoint, CorelDraw, and PhotoShop.
- Knowledge of PDF and postscript files and PDF plug-ins.
- General knowledge of utility programs such as file compression, disk repair and print spoolers.
- Ability to prepare files for output to film, plate, spot and 4-color process, receive and manipulate files electronically and maintain operating system on production machine.
- Ability to send files to the image setter, high speed digital copiers and color copiers.
- Proven ability in proofreading and editing.
Intensive computer work and extended use of the computer keyboard and mouse. Sitting for long periods of time - as long as 8 hours at a stretch. Exposure to ink and chemical fumes, and airborne particles, such as paper dust and drying powder. Noise can be loud sporadically. Subject to frequent priority changes where a fast-pace and short notice occur regularly.